Active IQ Level 4 Award in:
ADVANCED PERSONAL TRAINING
|Guided learning Hrs||155|
|Total qualification time||270|
The Active IQ Level 4 Award in Advanced Personal Training provides learners with the enhanced knowledge and skills to fully understand their clients, utilise an evidence based approach to programming and develop a successful and sustainable personal training business. The target learners for this course are learners aged 16+, and Personal Trainers.
- Learners must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (or equivalent)
- Learners must be able to apply factual and theoretical knowledge and be able to use a range of cognitive and practical skills to generate specific solutions for personal training clients. This will require learners to work in predictable and unpredictable situations using knowledge, skills and competencies pitched at Level 4 on the RQF
What does the course cover?
During the qualification, learners will cover the following:
- Research, evaluation and the use of credible information to inform personal training/coaching practice
- Integration and application of technologies, digital and social media into personal training practice to support, enhance and manage the client journey
- The application of behaviour change and communication techniques to support, enhance and mange the client journey
- Assessment, performance analysis and evaluation to support, enhance and manage the client journey
- Design and application of long term periodisation, planning, coaching and evaluation to optimise client success
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning
- Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance
- Level 3 Award in Instructing Outdoor Fitness
- Level 4 Special Populations related qualifications
- Other Level 3 and 4 technical qualifications in related subjects
Alternatively, learners may broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing into qualifications mapping to additional branches of the Level 3 standards such as Exercise Referral and Leisure Management.
This qualification will provide knowledge and practical skills to enhance provision alongside other academic courses such as National Diploma in Sports Studies, A Level PE and HND and Higher Education degrees in Sports and Leisure.