Active IQ Level 2 Award in:
|Guided learning Hrs||18|
This qualification is aimed at all level 2/3 qualified instructors and trainers and has been developed to train learners, who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction, to a professionally competent level to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell exercises and training sessions. This qualification is designed to broaden the skills of fitness instructors to include instructing kettlebell sessions .A suitable Level 2/3 qualification is desirable.
What does the course cover?
- Understand the historical background of kettlebell training
- Benefits of using kettlebells
- Incorporating kettlebell lifts into a programme
- Safety considerations
- Designing a kettlebell programme
Unit 2 Instructing a kettlebell Exercise Session
- Prepare, instruct and evaluate a kettlebell exercise session
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered using a mixture of practical and theory sessions.
How is the course assessed?
- Coursework / portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstration