Active IQ Level 2 Award Certificate in:
FITNESS INSTRUCTING - EXERCISE TO MUSIC
|Guided learning Hrs||159|
The Active IQ Award Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Exercise to Music, is the entry level qualification required to gain employment as a Studio Instructor within the Health & Fitness Industry. This qualification will enable you to develop the knowledge and skills you require to deliver safe and effective exercise to music classes. The course will teach you how to screen clients, effectively structure your sessions, develop your use of music and choreography, and your ability to control and manage an exercise class.
What does the course cover?
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
- Principles of Training
- Guidelines to Planning, Teaching and Instruction
- Effective use of Music & Choreography
- Motivation and Support of Clients
- Health & Safety in a Class Setting
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered using a blended learning approach that combines home study with four days of traditional tutor led delivery. You will be assessed approximately two weeks following the last taught session of your course, when you will be required to undertake two separate theory papers to assess your underpinning knowledge and a practical assessment to assess your teaching and instruction ability.
How is the course assessed?
- Level 2 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- Level 2 Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health Theory Paper
- Practical Assessment (plan, teach, evaluate)
- Health, Safety & Welfare in a Fitness Environment Worksheet
- Supporting Clients in Exercise & Physical Activity Worksheet