Active IQ Level 2 Award Certificate in:
COACHING STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING FOR SPORT
|Guided learning Hrs||118|
The Level 2 Active IQ Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport has been developed in partnership with the Rugby Football Union (RFU), and is designed to provide learners with the ability to develop and lead well-constructed strength and conditioning programmes, and seek employment as a strength and conditioning coach in a number of settings- such as sports clubs, with individual athletes, or with a team in an educational/youth environment.
What does the course cover?
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
- Fundamentals of Coaching in Sport
- Developing Participants through Coaching Sport
- Plan, Prepare and Deliver Strength and Conditioning for Sport
- Evaluate Individual Strength and Conditioning Sessions
- Long Term Athlete Development
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered using a blended learning approach that combines home study with six days of traditional tutor led delivery.
You will be assessed approximately two weeks following the last taught session of your course, when you will be required to undertake a theory paper to assess your underpinning knowledge, submit a series of linked session plans and coaching log, and undertake a practical assessment to assess your teaching and instruction ability.
How is the course assessed?
- Level 2 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- Series of Linked Session Plans
- Coaching Log
- Practical Assessment (plan, teach, evaluate)