Active IQ Level 3 Award Certificate in:
COACHING STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING FOR SPORT
|Guided learning Hrs||140|
The Active IQ Level 3 1st4sport Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport has been developed in partnership with the Rugby Football Union (RFU), and is designed to provide learners with the advanced level of knowledge needed to deliver a comprehensive strength and conditioning coaching programme, by applying the principles of performance profiling and goal setting. Employment outcomes from completing this qualification include employment as a strength and conditioning coach with a professional sports club, or with individual elite athletes or teams.
What does the course cover?
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
- Theory of Performance Development
- Principles of Periodised Programmes within Annual Coaching Programmes
- Nutrition and Hydration Strategies for Sport
- Initiate Strength and Conditioning Programmes
- Performance Analysis for Sport
- Long Term Athlete Development
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered using a blended learning approach that combines home study with eight days of traditional tutor led delivery.
You will be assessed approximately two weeks following the last taught session of your course, when you will be required to undertake a theory paper to assess your underpinning knowledge, submit your case studies, carry out a performance review and evaluation, and undertake a practical assessment to assess your teaching and instruction ability.
How is the course assessed?
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- Strength & Conditioning Case Studies
- Performance Review & Evaluation
- Practical Assessments (plan, teach, evaluate)