Active IQ Level 3 Award Certificate in:
|Guided learning Hrs||245|
The Active IQ Level 3 Award Certificate in Personal Training provides you with all of the skills you need to develop a successful career as a personal trainer.The course covers all the elements you will need to work on a one to one basis with a broad client base, including initial fitness testing, nutritional analysis, initial program design, and long term program management. The qualification is open as a progression route to learners who have completed the Gym Instructor or Exercise to Music qualification.
What does the course cover?
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
- Nutrition for Physical Activity & Performance
- Fitness Testing for Health, Fitness & Performance
- Principles of Training for Health, Fitness & Performance
- Guidelines to Planning, Teaching and Instruction in a Variety of Fitness Environments
- Design & Management of Training Programme for a Range of Clients
- Strategies to Maintain Motivation and Promote Long Term Adherence
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered using a blended learning approach that combines home study with twelve days of traditional tutor led delivery.
You will be assessed approximately four weeks following the last taught session of your course, when you will be required to submit your case study and undertake a viva.
How is the course assessed?
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- Level 3 Nutrition for Physical Activity Theory Paper
- Nutrition for Physical Activity Case Study
- Practical Assessment of Ability to Administer a Range of Fitness Tests
- Practical Assessment of an Personal Training Session
- Personal Training Case Study