Active IQ Level 2 Diploma Certificate in:
HEALTH AND FITNESS
|Guided learning Hrs||398 minimum|
The Active IQ Level 2 Award Diploma in Health and Fitness is the ideal entry level qualification for an individual looking to gain employment as a Health and Fitness Instructor within the Active Leisure Sector.
This qualification includes both the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing and the Level 2 Certificate in Health Related Physical Activity for Children. In addition to this, learners also have the option to choose additional units including Walk Leading, Circuit Training, Studio Resistance Training and Group Indoor Cycling.
What does the course cover?
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
- Principles of Training
- Guidelines to Planning, Teaching and Instruction
- Basic Program Design & Progression
- Motivation and Support of Clients
- Health & Safety in the Gym Environment
- Nutrition for Health & Wellbeing
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered Monday to Friday, on apart-time basis, over a minimum 12 week period. The course utilises a blended learning approach that combines home study with a minimum of 15 days of traditional tutor led delivery.You will produce a portfolio of written work throughout the course to support the underpinning theory element of the qualification, and will also be required to undertake two separate theory papers to assess your underpinning knowledge and three practical assessments to assess your teaching and instruction ability.
How is the course assessed?
- Level 2 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- Level 2 Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health Theory Paper
- Practical Assessments (plan, teach, evaluate)
- Health, Safety & Welfare in a Fitness
- Environment Worksheet
- Supporting Clients in Exercise & Physical Activity Worksheet
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook