YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym-Based Exercise
by mike ward on 3 November 2016
Our Level 2 Gym Instructors course is the perfect qualification for anyone wanting to start a career within the fitness industry.
The YMCA Award Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Gym Instructor, is the entry level qualification required to gain employment as a Gym Instructor within the Health & Fitness Industry. This qualification will enable you to develop the knowledge and skills you require to work safely and effectively within a busy gym environment. The course will teach you how to screen clients, provide gym inductions, design basic training programs, and develop an understanding of how the body responds to exercise.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
• Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
• Principles of Training
• Guidelines to Planning, Teaching and Instruction
• Basic Program Design & Progression
• Motivation and Support of Clients
• Health & Safety in the Gym Environment
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
The course is delivered using a blended learning approach that combines home study with four days of traditional tutor led delivery. You will be assessed approximately two weeks following the last taught session of your course, when you will be required to undertake two separate theory papers to assess your underpinning knowledge and a practical assessment to assess your teaching and instruction ability.
HOW IS THE COURSE ASSESSED?
• Level 2 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
• Level 2 Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health Theory Paper
• Practical Assessment (plan, teach, evaluate)
• Health, Safety & Welfare in a Fitness Environment Worksheet
• Supporting Clients in Exercise & Physical Activity Worksheet
NEXT COURSES START:
GOODWIN SPORTS CENTRE, SHEFFIELD – 4THFEBRUARY 2017
VOLAIR, KNOWSLEY COUNCIL, LIVERPOOL – 11thFEBRUARY 2017
For more information please contact 08445 790979 or email us at: email@example.com